From: Bob Hay <>
Subject: [DNA] More L21 results
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:55:40 +1100

On 17/01/09 Alan R wrote:
> Given Europe was settled c. 34 thousand years ago, that to me still means
> that even if Ken etc's dates need shunted back then proportionately S116 could
> still be say 6000 years ago which is fairly close to the date appearance of
> the Neolithic in the west.

Everyone (except me) seems to be getting younger... :-)

I thought Homo sapiens entered Europe at least ten thousand years earlier
than this: was it not at Kostenki that excavations since 1936 at numerous
sites have revealed evidence of human occupation dating 40 kya, and more
recently, 45 kya? (Science Daily, 12 January 2007:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/01/070111181736.htm).

Bob Hay
at home at
www.bobhay.net