From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] 23andMe - mtDNA
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:30:09 -0500

I'll grant that if someone already knows that their Y haplogroup is
R1a1* and their mtDNA haplogroup is H*, I doubt you could make a
convincing case that any further Y or mtDNA ancestry testing is going
to be useful. That is, though, a rather peculiar argument (and more
than a little bit circular).

VV

On Feb 14, 2009, at 5:18 PM, Lawrence Mayka wrote:

> That is, of course, a matter of opinion, and depends on the customer's
> priorities. For a typical case of R1a1 yDNA and H* mtDNA, I don't
> see a
> value worth anywhere near the price. . . .

This thread: