From: Thomas Gull <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Into Netherlands?
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:06:23 -0500

There are a ton of messages at DNA Forums centered on the "was Frisia depopulated around 3rd to 5th century AD?" discussion. I think there are multiple conflicting answers to your question, based on multiple threads, so reading the threads might be the best way to get the multiple viewpoints.

I'm pretty sure no one thinks it was Martians, if that helps. But there are a lot of theories running around about Frisia, some of which seem to be tied in to modern regional fervor in favor of one theory vs another. / Tom