From: Daniel Jenkins <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Into Netherlands?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 11:33:46 +0000

Andrew ,

You obviously are a student of the history of the Netherlands .

Its is very hard to use precision in dating events from 750bc to 750 ad in that part of the world . By 724 Frisia was under complete control of the Franks and gained reindependence

after Charlemagne . His era was the pinnacle of Frankish dominence .

I find the history of the Frisian people very interesting . They were highly respected by the Romans .

I think looking generally , and at the larger landscape of history is better to gain an understanding . I hated history in school and think it was because of the intense pressure to memorize exact dates and places . And the history books used were directed by

those who wanted to make sure we were exposed only to that which they ascribed to be the truth .

Now history , as well as genealogy and genetic genealogy is my passion .

By the way I am one of those Kentish R1a1* not I1 <(;-)

I know Ken really already knows what I send , but do make posts in the interest of new people joining the list that may benefit .

Dan Jenkins