From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Into Netherlands?
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:30:52 +0100

If this clade is not common in Denmark that is interesting.

I guess one option to consider is that this really is a case where a there
was once a small local concentration. But could we be talking about a
pre-Roman movement? We don't know all that much about that period, but we do
know that some tribes from Northern France and Belgium, moved to England
around the time the Romans were making moves into the area.

On the other hand, like it seems you are thinking it also makes me wonder
whether this is really a lineage from inland. If you could regionalize your
data in a more refined way down to county or province level it might help a
lot in this case, because different parts of the North Sea are at least
traditionally thought to have had different North Sea invaders.

Best Regards
Andrew

---------