From: Daniel Jenkins <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Into Netherlands?
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 00:57:45 +0000

Mike ,

Thanks so much for your reply and interest .

If you read that part of my mails properly , you will see that after 50 plus years of research, my personal take is that oversimplication and a less surgical definition of events is usually closer to the actuallity.

The fact is the Viking imprint in Southern , England , [ door mat for centuries ] is about nill . I will continue to take the general approach to the march of history over

so called exactitudes . Take linquistics for example ; who alive today talked with a Viking,

Celt . or anyone 1000 years ago? How does anyone know how they spoke ?

The written word is not always representative of the culture , only those who recorded same , luckily their work , survived but actually may be incorrect.

The years 750bc-750 ad are the key to many events in the British Isles with no

unequivacle provable data .

My own personal opinion is that we shall never be able to make anything much clearer

than we can know , at this time . Nor do we need to . Yet the thrill is in the chase as

THEY SAY. Whoever THEY ARE .

The Normans are a very diffuse people , but their main cultural identity is of the same stock

as the Lowland folks .

At the time of the Doggerland , I would think , whoever was there , are the ancient ancestors of Westernmost Europe and the British Isles .

The best thing is we will really never know , if we don't by now .

A permanent puzzle to be solved . Not . <(;-)

Dan J.