From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New developments in Y haplogroup J-M304 ...
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 01:28:35 -0700

Dear Al, Angela, and Bonnie,
I am negative for all of these SNPs based except for M137 based on
my 23andMe results. I find it interesting that I am derived for M137. It
may turn out that M137 is a relatively sizable subclade in L70. Bonnie and
Angela recently reported that Mr. Lynch (Ysearch #3MPFM) and Mr. Wade
(Ysearch #3FFHVA) are also M137+. My haplotype is a genetic distance of 17
from Mr. Lynch's haplotype when comparing the 39 markers we have both
tested. My haplotype is a genetic distance of 8 from Mr. Wade's haplotype
when comparing the 25 markers we have both tested. Mr. Wade and Mr. Lynch
are only a genetic distance of 3 from each other at 25 markers. Using my
variance calculator I calculated an intraclade TMRCA estimate of 2605 years
when comparing Mr. Wade's, Mr. Lynch's, and my 12 marker haplotypes. The
fact that I am M137+ and L70+ also means that M137 is downstream from L70
since Mr. Krol and Mr. Cardello have been tested by 23andMe and found to be
L70+, but negative for M137.
Bonnie, can you make a note that I am M137+ the next time you update
the FTDNA haplogroup J project? Bonnie, did you ever get a chance to check
to see how many people in J2a1k1 (DYS445=6) Cluster A in the haplogroup J
project have been tested for M137 and found to be negative? You might want
to create a subdivision of the J2a1k1 (DYS445=6) Cluster A that is negative
for M137 the next time you update the FTDNA haplogroup J project if any of
the members have been tested for this SNP. It would seem to me that it
would be reasonable for anyone in the J2a1k1 (DYS445=6) Cluster A to test
for M137.
I still haven't sent my 23andMe results to Adriano Squecco, but plan
to do that in the near future so that he can add them to his spreadsheet.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen