From: "Don May" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Gender attraction and Genetics
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:20:10 -0700

I do not apologize for my post. Only the reference of "setting aside
religious beliefs" which was a poor choice of words and not meant to imply
one should give up their religion, only be open to scientific truth when
confronted with it.

To say it is not an appropriate topic for a group that studies genetics and
genealogy I totally disagree with.

In 1956 I was required to have a doctor certify that I did not have "on drop
of black blood"

If so I could not be admitted to Northwestern State College in Louisiana.
That was the law.

53 years later thanks to genetics studies we learn we are all out of Africa.
Also personally according to Autosomal tests I have had there is a very
strong indication my DNA profile has very strong links to Brazilian
populations, Portuguese, African, Mestizo. Somewhere in my "Caucasian"
family past an admixture occurred. An event hidden for generations. Had
that information been known in 1956 I would have been banned from a public
school. Even if this strong clue, indication, proves to not have happened it
has provided a lesson in how destructive prejudice is and how it blinds us
from truth.

My only "Agenda" is truth and if the study DNA takes me in that direction
so be it.

Don