From: Michael Maddi <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R-L48 is now R1b1b2a1a4 at FTDNA
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 14:26:18 -0700 (PDT)

I wasn't trying to create suspense by cutting off my larger count for L48+ in my previous posting. Yahoo was giving me problems sending an e-mail, so I logged out and used the draft of the e-mail saved by Yahoo, but it was saved before I finished the last sentence. Here's the full posting, which includes a tinyurl that's not broken up.

Eldon,

Thanks for your sharp eye and being the first one to post on this to inform everyone. I went to ysearch and did a "search by haplogroup" for R1b1b2a1a4. There are 72 results for that search - see http://tinyurl.com/cfzfex

That will give researchers an easy list to work with of everyone who's tested L48+ at FTDNA and who've uploaded their results to ysearch. It does not include those who don't have a ysearch account or who tested at 23andMe, but have not tested L48 at FTDNA. My count for the total number of L48+ results is 84, which includes R1b-U106 Project members who don't have a ysearch account or tested L48+ at 23andMe but haven't tested L48 at FTDNA.

Mike Maddi

This thread: