From: "H. B. Whitmore" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Gender attraction and Genetics
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 00:25:17 -0400

I just tried this with TMG (The Master Genealogist). My screen happened to
be on a woman, so I entered another husband for her. Then I changed the sex
of the person entered as her husband to female, so, I'd have a marriage of a
female to a female. If they were coparents of the child of one, one would
properly have to show one as the adoptive parent, while the birth father (in
this case could be entered as the biological father with no marriage shown.
The female coparent could, I guess (I didn't try this) could be entered as
primary instead of the bio father.

--
Hal Whitmore
Wilmington, Delaware, USA

on 3/17/09 8:13 PM, Roberta J. Estes at wrote:

> I have wondered this as well. Given the prevalence of this type of
> relationship in today's society, I think there needs to be a way to record
> this with their true biological gender. These couples are having children
> today too, sometimes by adoption, but sometimes through artificial
> insemination and such. I think there needs to be a way to record this
> correctly and socially comfortably so that future generations can tell which
> of the couple was a natural parent, if either, so that the DNA will be
> attributed correctly.

This thread: