From: James Heald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Comparison of Chinese, Yoruba,Watson and Venter genome y-snps
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:24:22 +0100

Vincent,

I hear what you're saying.

But on the other hand, the Chinese SNP list does appear to stand up
exceptionally well to comparison with phylogenetically "known" SNPs; and
the Yoruba list pretty well too.

So when there is a disparity as marked as 1084 versus 451, I don't think
that can *all* be experimental noise.

As to the Watson and Venter data, maybe you are right, but I would like
to understand better why these datasets as they are, and so perhaps
which parts can be considered more reliable or less reliable.

But that's clearly going to need the expertise of people on this list
who understand much more of the biochemistry than I do.

All best,

James.