From: Rebekah Canada <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA Test Panel Options
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:48:13 -0500

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM, George Chandler
<> wrote:

> Hi Rebekah,
>

> Here are the following links:
>

> www.marligen.com/y-snp-genotyping-kits.html

This is R1 specific but it is about two years behind what FTDNA is
offering with their standard deep clade test. it cannot touch what is
now offered to R1bs in advanced orders.

I think the only hope for R1a right now is the Walk on the Y...

> www.illumina.com/pages.ilmn?ID=160

For this you might as well go with the 23andMe test for many more SNPs.
www.23andMe.com

> The SIGNET test which I'm looking into is specificly focused (it would seem) on R1. I'm not as sure regarding the 360 loci test from Illumina. Will that test give me the required information?
>

> George Chandler

Careful. If John finds out you have cash to spend you will find
yourself funding 67 marker upgrades for your cousins. ;-)

Regards,
Rebekah

This thread: