Subject: Re: [DNA] NPE
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:10:30 EDT

If NPE has negative connotations, what is wrong with that? For many people
finding out there was a break in their male line is a negative thing, at
least temporarily. Why does everything have to be neutral?

"Non-paternal surname" or any other set of words is not self-explanatory
until it is defined and accepted by the majority of people. Changing the
term only confuses people. Then if the event is negative the new term will
take on negative connotations as well.

Why do we have to have this discussion over and over?

Chris

In a message dated 5/21/2009 7:53:10 A.M. Central Daylight Time,