From: Gary Felix <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] revised TMRCA calcuations for the R-L21 results
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:22:28 -0700 (PDT)

Crawford's book was first published in 07 and the study he sites is 04.

The mistake you are making with low TMRCA is thinking that larger datasets would yield more accurate data when it is pretty evident now that these bikini haplotypes used by geneticists in deep ancestry studies were used to help negate the effect of drift.

I'm not sure you know what lower effective population size means.

Gary
Mexico DNA Project Admin.