From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [DNA] They're Heeeere! New Hg I SNPs
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:32:02 -0600

Four ysnps were recently discovered from two walk the y donors from the I2a sector of the haplogroup I tree.

They are now available for customer order at the usual price at FTDNA, advanced orders, I-P215 panel

On the branch line of I2a1 (M26 with the strange 11 at YCAa) three snps, L158, L159, L160 were found. I urge a variety of folks from I2a1 to test for them to see if they divide I2a1 and shed light on how it moved north from Iberia after the LGM

On the branch line of I2a2 a single snp, L161 was found by a donor from I2a2-Isles-D clade. We still wait for walk the y results for a donor from I2a2a - Disles clade. But if you are adventursome and in I2a2 you might speed our learning process and order this snp for the price of a giant, 4 toppings pizza. Does this snp split the 8 clades of I2a2-Isles? Is it just like M423 and simply split Isles from Dinaric? Or is it upstream a bit and formally split I2a-French from I2a-Western? Or is it private-like to our Irish donor from Isles-D?

A pioneer group put together and financed a project to find new snps within the I2a sector of the tree. Four were found. It is now up to the broader population of interested folks in these clades to pin down the full phylogenetic meaning of these new snps.

Ken

This thread: