Subject: Re: [DNA] DNA] DNA study at University of Leicester...England..
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:52:07 EDT

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:22:29 -0500
From: Nelda Percival <>
To: <>

Hi,
Over on the Gild of One Name Studies mailing list someone mentioned:

It concerns the DNA study currently being done by University of Leicester.

Do any of you know about this study? Any comments? Any place to read about
it..Opinions?

It is being operated by a Dr.King I believe was mentioned...

Thank you
Nelda

********************************

Yes--it's the Viking/I1 study:

_http://haplogroup-i.com/2009/exploring-yorkshires-viking-past/_
(http://haplogroup-i.com/2009/exploring-yorkshires-viking-past/)

I heard about it this spring and wrote to Turi King to tell her about an
I1-AS7E Virginia family whose ancestors lived in West Yorkshire in the 16th
century---she replied that the project had already stopped taking
applications, but that she would keep my name in case the team decided to accept
more participants.

Lindsey
**************Snoop, Lil Wayne, Lady GaGa -- land the tix you need for this
summer's biggest tours. Tourtracker.com