From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] I1a and Indoeuropean languages
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:13:36 -0600

Forget about the a and b.

When M423 was discovered, Isles, Disles, and Dinaric all simply became I2a2
with maybe the M161 which has been around for a long time would become I2a2a

Then L69 came along to separate Disles/Dinaric from Isles. Isles stays I2a2

Disles/Dinaric become I2a2a, and M161 has to become I2a2a1

Now L178 comes along and also L161 which is derived for Isles and ancestral
for Disles/Dinaric. So more renaming must take place. Don't worry about
it; just keep track of the snps.