From: "grandcross" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Greek DNA Project Update
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 13:55:03 -0500

> Now that the Greek DNA Project has reached a total of 150 members, I
> don't want to delay any longer in creating an update.
>
> We have 116 Y-DNA members and 51 mtDNA members. Detailed analysis is
> a little bit of a challenge, since only about 40% of participants have
> upgraded beyond 25 Y-STR markers or beyond HVR-1.
>
> On the Y-DNA side, the haplogroup breakdown is as follows:

I note that about 9% of the Italy DNA Project which you also administer is
E1b.

Would you happen to have a breakdown of where your hap E members in both the
Greek and Italian projects are found geographically; that is, by region?

(NUTS level 1;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_NUTS_level_1_regions#Italy)

This thread: