From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y-chromosomes of Jewish priests
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:26:11 -0400

Al,
> I'd swear on a stack of Bibles that haplotype 1480 (in Hammer's paper)
> is J-M12 (J2b) and NOT J-M410 (J2a)! ...
> I'm ignoring haplotype 1480 :-)
> Al
>
> > Al Aburto wrote:
>
>> > Also I see in Table S3 that there is a DYS457 listed, but it is really
>> > DYS437 ...
>> > Al

I noticed the same thing about DYS437 labeled as DYS457 -- I was
surprised such an error could get through!

And then, yes, I started to see all those mislabeled haplotypes (wrong
SNPs)! Yeesh! This is what they are able to do with such advanced,
professional labs and staff? If you're going to publish a paper on
such a high-profile topic, I would think you'd want to re-test your SNPs
until they came out right.

More on that later -- it's too late for tonight. All that WTY talk took
up the time! ;-)

Bonnie

This thread: