From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Lactase persistance started about 7,500 years ago in central Europe
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:18:23 -0500

Your hypothesis completely ignores both the existence of Eastern Europe and
the cited genetic evidence based on LP haplotype diversity. And how do you
explain the Polish-Hungarian "donut hole" in the LP statistics provided in
the paper under discussion? Are you claiming that the Neolithic somehow had
a much greater genetic impact on both Russia and Finland than on Poland and
Hungary? And how did the LP allele get all the way to India without
traveling through the Middle East?

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of Alan R
> It seems rational to me that this spread of raw cattle milk
> consumption from the Bosphorus area through the Balkans then
> westwards must be the scenario where selection for lactase
> persistence got under way.

This thread: