From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] (no subject) - breakthroughs
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 16:30:49 -0400

Nelda,

Not everyone's experiences are the same.

Before my maternal grandfather's STRAUB line was tested, all we knew for certain
is that his paternal grandfather came to Ohio from Pennsylvania in 1822. My
STRAUB first cousin's test results show him to be a 67/67 match with the modal
haplotype of the descendants of Johann Pieter STRAUB, 1733 immigrant to
Philadelphia and grandson of Martin STRAUB of Großgartach, Württemberg. I've
yet to make the paper connection, but I consider us solidly connected to this
family, and I consider that a "breakthrough."

Diana

This thread: