From: Bonnie Schrack <>
Subject: [DNA] Immune compatibility matches in Compare Genes at 23andMe
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:27:46 -0400

Hi all,

Is there anyone out there who has any knowledge of how the immune
compatibility markers are inherited? I see they're all in one little
area of chromosome 6. I would have thought maybe they'd be inherited
as a group, but apparently there are differences between my father and
I. But both of us have a notably different ethnic flavor to our immune
compatibility than our broader genome-wide comparison. I'm curious
about whether there are clusters or groups in this area which would be
anything like haplogroups. What about HLA types? How are they inherited?

Ann Turner knows a lot about this, but she is too busy to be able to
respond, so I'm hoping someone else may know something about it, or
could refer me to some good sources for beginners.

Bonnie

This thread: