Subject: Re: [DNA] Coincidence or common ancestor?
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:50:56 EST

In a message dated 11/26/2009 9:23:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> FTDNA's tool for calculating TMRCAs in the GAP page gives an estimate of
> about 23 generations back for the common ancestor of this Newman and the
> closer Seipel who has been tested.

Setting aside the fact that I think FTDNA's TMRCA calculations are too
optimistic, I still have a niggling feeling that there's something unusual about
this sequence ending up 56/67. It sounded like the recLOH did not account
for the differences. Has Thomas been asked to review it?

Ann Turner

This thread: