From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] STR evidence supports Balanced Tree Hypothesis
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 08:51:48 -0700

G(AB) has nothing to do with G*(A) and G*(B). For instance: coalescence age
for I1 is about 4000 years, and for I2a3-Western it is 3000 years or less.
Yet the age of the MRCA for these two haplogroups is about 20,000 years ago.
>From 20,000 years ago to shortly before those coalescence ages the I1/I2a3
tree consists of two single lines of ancestry going back from the respective
MRCAs to the joint MRCA of both haplogroups who lived on that ancient node
20,000 years ago.

Ken