From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re PubMed abstract: X chromosome and settlement of theAmericas
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 07:06:36 -0800

Bourgeois et al. (2009) used the data from Wang et al. (2007) and found that
there is a striking difference between the North and South American Native
Americans in terms of the major constituents of their genome. Admixture
(African, European, East Asian, Siberian and Native) were 100% Native for
those tribal groups of eastern South America.

However for the Chipewyan of northern Canada the following admixture
percentages were recorded:

Autosomal; X Chromosome:

African = 0.001; 0.008
European = 0.052; 0.031
East-Asian = 0.002; 0.015
Siberian = 0.623; 0.285
Native = 0.322; 0.661

It would seem that using the Han as proxies for all Native American groups
is questionable.

David K. Faux.