From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA admits to errors in many mtDNA sequences
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:37:18 -0600

Dr. Krahn clearly indicated that the original FASTA sequences within FTDNA
were correct, and that only the conversion of these to mutation lists was
nonstandard. But questions remain:

1) Why has FTDNA removed the customer option to download the FASTA sequence
directly?

2) When the customer did have this option, was he getting the original FASTA
sequence from the lab, or a (mis)interpretation based on the mutation list?

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Ron
> We were never told that the FASTA sequences were corrupt and
> needed to be changed.

> What is really
> important is to see the error that this problem cre!
> ates in a FASTA file that is generated from a mutation list that is
derived from that
> software output.

This thread: