From: Robert Hughes <>
Subject: [DNA] O'Reilly Modal (not the M222 one)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:33:41 -0500

[DNA] O'Reilly Modal (not the M222 one)
Hello Andrew,
This may be what you were asking about. It talks about an O’Neill
family modal that is not M222.
http://www.jogg.info/22/ONeill.pdf
The interesting thing is that the O’Neill et all modal is shared by
other Irish surnames and by names that sound like Anglo-Saxon surnames
to me. Names like Reddin, Pitman, Sexton, and Pledger. They also may
not even be R-L21+ since no one has tested past R-P312 that I have
seen.
The report suggests an NPE between the two O’Neill lines but they
really seem like two distinct genetic signatures to me.
F26HZ in ysearch.org is a modal that catches most of them. Note that
you need all 67 markers to fully id them.
Regards, Robert
Cured: Good news for people, bad news for pigs. B.C. cartoon

This thread: