From: "Ron" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] deletions [was Re: FTDNA admits to errors in manymtDNAsequences]
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:43:46 -0600

Hi Ann,

I was going to investigate these deletions as soon as I can. We've found yet another erroneous reporting in another hg K member (GenBank Acc. No. EU849091.1), of which, as both Mannis and Ian will concur, has a transversion within the micro-STR at np516 "PLUS 524insCACA; the latter of course should have been 524insACAC" (Thanks, Mannis!)

On the other issue of the phylogenetic significance of these indels, I tend to disagree. But, I'll have to develop my argument before I spill it here.

Best regards,
Ron

This thread: