Subject: Re: [DNA] deletions [was Re: FTDNA admits to errors in many mtDNAsequences]
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 11:46:44 EST

In a message dated 2/5/2010 7:22:46 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> This thread has been about insertions. Is there a similar issue in FASTA
> files with a deletion in this region? SMGF reports 523d 524d (AC as the
> motif), and FTDNA currently reports 522- 523- (CA as the motif). In the
> early days
> FTDNA reports 523- 524-. I don't have any examples to check myself.

I've had some conversation off-list with Bill Hurst, and I'm satisfied now
that the different conventions for deletions would not have any impact on
the FASTA file. It's still something to be aware of when you are searching
MitoSearch -- try both ways.

Ann Turner

Ann Turner

This thread: