From: William Hurst <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] deletions [was Re: FTDNA admits to errors inmany mtDNAsequences]
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 12:01:05 -0500

Hi Ron and all,

Ron wrote:
> ...We've found yet another erroneous reporting in another hg K member (GenBank Acc. No. EU849091.1), of which, as both Mannis and Ian will concur, has a transversion within the micro-STR at np516 "PLUS 524insCACA; the latter of course should have been 524insACAC" (Thanks, Mannis!)

Ron, you amaze me sometimes. You brought up this 516 transversion off list, after which I pointed out that two K Project members have it and that I had long ago discussed it with the proper people at FTDNA, and now you thank Mannis and Ian! It has nothing to do with your problem with the insertions, so why mention it at all?

Bill Hurst

This thread: