Subject: Re: [DNA] O'Reilly Modal (not the M222 one)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:53:21 EST

In a message dated 2/5/2010 9:34:18 A.M. Central Standard Time,
writes:

The interesting thing is that the Oeill et all modal is shared by
other Irish surnames and by names that sound like Anglo-Saxon surnames
to me. Names like Reddin, Pitman, Sexton, and Pledger. They also may
not even be R-L21+ since no one has tested past R-P312 that I have
seen.

There is only one small update I've heard about the O'Neill DNA situation.
Ed O'Neill told me he has an O'Neill sample that matches the non M222
O'Neill modal with a pedigree from the O'Neills of Clannaboy. I don't know
how trustworthy the pedigree is,. I don't think any of the current O'Neill
chieftains have been tested yet. Ed O'Neill matches the same modal. He
took the SNP tests current at the time but that was before L21 was discovered.
I don't think he's undergone any testing for the latest SNPs.

John

This thread: