From: Aggi-Rose Reddin <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] O'Reilly Modal (not the M222 one)
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 20:12:06 -0400

Andrew,
Neither of those Deep-Clade tested thus far are in that modal group.
The Reddin who is in that modal has not yet deep clade tested.

The 2 who are L-21+ were tested before WTY; both are L-21* at this
point. I don't think there are as yet any new SNPs below that which
we are likely to be positive for.

The other definitely Irish surnames with which there are close
connections are O'Donoghues [from Kerry] and the
Cains/O'Kanes/McCanns. The rest of us have few matches at all. In my
own case that's why I ordered the Deep Clade - looking for some
company. I seem to be part of a Scottish borders/ Stirling cluster
but am an outlier even with it. I do match with some Rodens which is
a known earlier form of the Irish/Celtic Reddin.

I did notice one project member has his settings to only within the
project; temporarily changing that to whole dbase gives him matches
with Bonnells [only tested to 37 markers]. Bonnell is as I understand
it an Anglo-Saxon name. However this member is a Redding, rather than
Reddin; Redding is recognized as more likely English but not always.

Hope this helps.
AR