From: Michael Walsh <>
Subject: [DNA] O'Reilly Modal (not the M222 one)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 18:15:36 -0600

---> My response:
Andrew and Robert,

This may not be what you are looking for either, but on the R-L21*
Haplotype spreadsheet I've got two Reilly's and zero O'Reilly's or
O'Riley's or Riley's.

BNAHR - Reilly - Ireland, Co. Cork - He appears to be an Irish TIII L226+ guy.

66ZM6 - Reilly - Ireland, Co. Sligo - He appears to fit with what I
call R-L21-2213MM. There is a MacMartin, Kenan and Porter in this
group. The signature is 388=13 448=18 389ii-i=15 390=22 570=18.

Mike

---> Robert Hughes wrote:
Hello Andrew,
This may be what you were asking about. It talks about an O?Neill
family modal that is not M222.
http://www.jogg.info/22/ONeill.pdf
The interesting thing is that the O?Neill et all modal is shared by
other Irish surnames and by names that sound like Anglo-Saxon surnames
to me. Names like Reddin, Pitman, Sexton, and Pledger. They also may
not even be R-L21+ since no one has tested past R-P312 that I have
seen.
The report suggests an NPE between the two O?Neill lines but they
really seem like two distinct genetic signatures to me.
F26HZ in ysearch.org is a modal that catches most of them. Note that
you need all 67 markers to fully id them.

This thread: