From: "Tim Janzen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Question about My Heritage
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 10:11:31 -0800

Dear Lindsey,
I haven't used My Heritage very much, but I do know some people who
use it regularly. For locating people with the same surname in the U. S. I
like to use Zabasearch. See http://www.zabasearch.com. For people in
Canada I use http://www.canada411.ca. For a good free web site for
uploading gedcom files, I would recommend the WorldConnect Project at
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi. In my opinion, every
serious genealogist should upload a copy of their genealogical database to
this web site. The database currently has over 600 million names in it and
over 425,000 databases in it. Many of the names in the WorldConnect Project
are duplicates, but in my experience using this web site is a great way to
find other researchers who are working on the same lines that you are.
Sincerely,
Tim Janzen