From: Aggi-Rose Reddin <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] O'Reilly Modal (not the M222 one)
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 17:06:56 -0400

Robert,
I'm curious about your source for the Reddin distribution in
Andalusia. What timeframe is that data based on please? I've been
aware of Reddins being in Spain but had attributed that to the Irish
diaspora during and post 1600s. If you have something that predates
that I'd be very interested to learn more.

And yes, the name is found in Germany, Prussia and Denmark among
other places going back to the 1600s at least. I do not believe
these are linked to the families from Ireland however. My original
comment was simply to clarify that there is no discrepancy in finding
Reddin as part of the Irish O'Neill - ditto re Sexton. Pitman I know
nothing about.

Thx.
Aggi-Rose