Subject: [DNA] ugh. not Heritage Quest and not Geni-or My Family at Facebook,either
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 16:09:05 -0800

I have several (late husband, current husband, mine, a friends)
large trees at Heritage Quest and have been semi cut off from it and
others because I didn't pay them-I joined back when it was free.

I also have these trees at WorldConnect, have since a few weeks
after they created them

have tried Geni. got hijacked by a group of people who took partial
control of it (my ancestors, not theirs, they've just got one
connection through marriage) and won't let go or give it back. I
filed a complaint, but don't think I got any reaction-standard
procedure at least 50% of the time from Geni. it can be glitchy, too.
full of bugs.

have attempted to use My Family at Facebook. took them nearly a year
to make it accessable....but they are on record for being data
gatherers, and the worst place for storing anything private. for me,
Facebook finds a new glitch to keep every time they update their
system.

I've had a few issues with WorldConnect, but usually they try to
resolve it. not exactly how Heritage, Geni and My Family handle
things. more in the "Talk to the Hand" from Heritage and "we aren't
interested" from the rest.

I'd been considering Tribal but heard they've become capitalist, as
well. I have to squeeze to fit my research into my budget, so I will
stay with WorldConnect (Rootsweb) for now.

Cornelia

This thread: