From: mtDNA H Project <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA admits to errors in many mtDNA sequences
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 02:14:46 -0600

Hi,

I know that there are a lot of DNA Newbies on the list.... So for
those who do not know, I will clarify.

Making sure that mtDNA _testing_ at the Houston Lab works and works
well is Dr. Bormans Job. Evaluating the results of mtDNA testing
--mutation lists and phylogenetic placement-- is the responsibility of
Dr. Behar. Making sure that the right data is posted to accounts is
the responsibility of Ms.Krause Murphy.

The basic tests of just HVR1 or just HVR1&2 are run at the lab at the
U. of Arizona. That lab is managed by Mr. Kaplan.

Now.... I am sure that Ms. Krause Murphy wrote what she did to Ian as
the official representative of Family Tree DNA. You could, of course,
check with Bennett Greenspan or Max Blankfeld to see what they say. I
did but it was definitely not because I doubted Ms. Krause Murphy. :-)

--
Regards,
Rebekah

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Ron <> wrote:

> Maybe, Connie would like to reconcile the opinions expressed by Thomas and Eileen.
>
> The re-submissions to GenBank, BTW, are moving along quite well.
>
> Best regards,
> Ron

This thread: