From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Intraclade Age Sigma "Unknowable"
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 09:34:34 -0700

Doing TMRCA for a pair of haplotypes is doing an INTERCLADE age estimate.

Look at your tree. There is no demographic uncertainty; there is only the
tree depth uncertainty which you will estimate.

You don't need intraclade confidence intervals if you quit doing intraclade
age estimates. Reformulate what you want to learn in terms of a collection
of interclade age estimates.