From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] CNN article: The government has your baby's DNA
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:50:41 -0500

I look at it from a cost-benefit perspective. The privacy given up is totally
outweighed by the health benefits, if not for me, personally, then for society,
generally, and for some individuals, especially.

By the way, if you've ever had a blood sample taken or ever been hospitalized,
some lab *has* your tissue samples. You might as well give a sample at birth
and get it over with.

The public went ballistic over the idea of fingerprints when their value for
identification was first discovered. Would we really want to do without them,
now? Someday, we'll feel the same about our DNA. I feel that way, already.

Diana

This thread: