From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] CNN article: The government has your baby's DNA
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:08:03 -0600

Which country do you live in? In the United States, the public certainly
WOULD go ballistic over a national fingerprint database that included
everyone at birth. The current national fingerprint database, IAFIS,
includes only those who have been arrested. Even so, it includes 55 million
records, because over an entire lifetime a substantial portion of the
population is arrested, rightly or wrongly, for something or other. And in
fact, in some jurisdictions, bogus arrests are often made merely for the
purpose of collecting fingerprints.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/iafis.htm

> From: [mailto:genealogy-dna-
> ] On Behalf Of Diana Gale Matthiesen
> The public went ballistic over the idea of fingerprints when their value
for
> identification was first discovered. Would we really want to do without
them,
> now?

This thread: