Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA reporting issues: what about 522- 523- ?
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:38:13 EST

The ultimate source of the complication is that the CRS has five and one
half repeats there, so it's a matter of convention whether the motif is
considered to be AC or CA. It's best to think in terms of a deletion or insertion
of one or more pairs, but it makes it very awkward for computer matching
algorithms.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 2/7/2010 12:56:26 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> Most of FTDNA's reported deletions in the 00520-00530 region of HVR-II
> are in the form of 522- 523-. I've been looking at a lot of samples from
> GenBank with deletions in that region, and to me they all seem to be 523- 524-.
> It's highly possible I've done something wrong, so could someone help me
> and check one of these samples? This region of HVR-II has a series of AC
> pairs, and the deletion consists in the loss of one of these AC pairs.

This thread: