From: Nelda Percival <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] CNN article: The government has your baby's DNA
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:45:22 -0600

Hi,
your - I agree that privacy issues are important. I just think that that specific horse has busted through the barn door, jumped the pasture fence, ran out of the county and will soon be out of state.

.....try out of country...

> Sam aka Linh My or American GI

lol... agreed from another US Army retired personnel.

I heard the VA was collecting dna too...

SGT - E6 US Army
nelda L. Percial

> Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 14:13:28 -0800
> Subject: Re: [DNA] CNN article: The government has your baby's DNA
>
> Lawrence Mayka
>
> As a retired soldier and someone who has held a security clearance, my finger prints as well as an incredible amount of very personal information is on file in countless government agencies. I retired from the Army before DNA sample collection was made universal for military personal. I had occasion to go the the VA Regional office once. My file was several inches thick and I was told that the file would likely be more than a foot thick before long. If you think that that is an issue, you would be shocked at the amount of personal and sensitive information is available about you online.
>
> I agree that privacy issues are important. I just think that that specific horse has busted through the barn door, jumped the pasture fence, ran out of the county and will soon be out of state.
>
> Sam aka Linh My or American GI

This thread: