From: "Ron" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA reporting issues: what about 522- 523- ?
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 18:08:08 -0600

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:38:13 EST, Ann writes:

> The ultimate source of the complication is that the CRS has five and one
> half repeats there, so it's a matter of convention whether the motif is
> considered to be AC or CA.

So, this statement by Mannis at PhyloTree is meaningless? "If you follow the guidelines for scoring mtDNA mutations by Wilson et al. 2002 (rediscussed by Bandelt and Parson 2007), indels should be placed 3' with respect to the light strand, so that means the AC notation is preferred. I also adhered to this notation in PhyloTree."

Ron

This thread: