From: kevin brewer <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Recruiting from the UK
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:21:14 +1100

Was Lindsey right when she said:

Thank you, Tom--another good idea--I'll try it for areas where the name
Britton is common. I'm sorry to say that most of us have no idea where our
ancestors lived before they arrived in America.

Lindsey

It seems reading the posts on genealogical sites, that a lot of
genealogy seems to stop at country borders. Why is this? Is it because
the border was established too long ago-1604 for Virginia, 70 odd years
after the beginnings of parish records in England? Or is it because of
some weird-my word-sense that history only started when the ancestors
arrived in that country. I wonder if DNA genealogy has taken off
because it immediately transcends the nation state and the limitations
of language and the problems of delving into foreign language records
which may not yield anything because off the effects of war?

Kevin Brewer

This thread: