Subject: Re: [DNA] FTDNA reporting issues: what about 522- 523- ?
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 22:26:00 EST

Not meaningless -- it's one of the possible conventions, and actually the
one I had hoped FTDNA would follow after my correspondence with them last
year, since FTDNA and SMGF would then be in synch. But you can find technical
articles using either convention, what Mannis called forensic vs.
phylogeographic.

Ann Turner

In a message dated 2/7/2010 4:09:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

> On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 17:38:13 EST, Ann writes:
>
> >The ultimate source of the complication is that the CRS has five and one
> >half repeats there, so it's a matter of convention whether the motif is
> >considered to be AC or CA.
>
> So, this statement by Mannis at PhyloTree is meaningless? "If you follow
> the guidelines for scoring mtDNA mutations by Wilson et al. 2002
> (rediscussed by Bandelt and Parson 2007), indels should be placed 3' with respect to
> the light strand, so that means the AC notation is preferred. I also
> adhered to this notation in PhyloTree."
>
> Ron

This thread: