From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y STR Partial Repeats
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:50:18 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Acree" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 9:00 AM
Subject: [DNA] Y STR Partial Repeats

> I've mentioned that the distinguishing partial repeat in our Acree project
> (all tested by the Sorenson lab) is 13.2 at DYS385b. SMGF, in providing
> Marker Details within its Y-Chromosome data base, currently reports that
> the 13.2 value at DYS385b has been observed 29 times within 66,106 samples
> tested, for a frequency of 0.00044.

So SMGF has confirmed to you that they were recording partial repeats for
the entire period they were collecting those 66,106 samples?

That's interesting in that 66,000 is double the 33,000 which is the usual
number of samples they quote. Are they multiplying by 2 because of the two
copies of 385?
So always the partial repeat of 13.2 came with the other copy lower? This
sounds like the partial repeats were found within R1b.. or R1a... ?

This thread: