From: Sam Eaton <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] GENEALOGY-DNA Digest, Vol 5, Issue 103
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:23:50 -0800 (PST)

While I did attempt to make my post on the subject humorous, I don't think that I or anyone else is minimizing the seriousness of this issue. The issues that you bring up are serious. To me, the solution to, dealing with the issue is in picking battles that have a chance of being won. Soldiers even retired ones, really hate to be on the loosing side of a battle. It tends to be contraindicative of continued good health, at least that is what the survivors tell us.

I will point out that DNA, is far from the only privacy issue and the American Government is far from the only problem. I will also point out that current privacy expectations are relatively new. I grew up mostly pre air-conditioning and I can still remember, what should have been, very private details of various neighbors matrimonial problems. The yelled insults and slaps were audible at quite some distance. I've also spent time in small time America and Viet Nam. It is/was almost impossible to keep anything secrete either place.

To repeat, "That pony is plum long gone."

Sam
SSG USAR ret
former USN PO2 & Advisor
TF-116 Mekong Delta R.V.N.

From: "" <>Add sender to Contacts

Today's Topics:

1. Re: CNN article: The government has your baby's DNA (Asparagirl)

Message: 1