From: "Charles Acree" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Y STR Partial Repeats
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:53:41 -0600

Ken - I haven't communicated with SMGF personally on this issue. SMGF has posted statistics on the Y-Chromosome Marker Details page of its website for everyone to see. Details are displayed for both DYS385a and DYS385b, which show two apparently-independent "grand totals" of 33,053 and 66,106 samples respectively. I was discussing the latter, where 29/66106=0.00044 - the rounded frequency that SMGF shows for 13.2 at DYS385b. But your observation is correct. The latter figure is precisely twice the former, which is unexplained. Charles

Message: 3