From: "Ron" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Fasta files gone from FTDNA
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 09:29:32 -0600

Hi Tom,

The FASTA files have been gone from the FTDNA personal pages for over a week now. According to Eileen, "The disappearance was due to a violation of privacy controls; if the participant turned off the option for a particular group administrator to see their mtDNA results, the FASTA file would still be available. We removed the link until this can be corrected." So, I assume the IT staff will, depending on their priority list, replace the link, but only in accordance with the recently revised Privacy Statement on 27 Nov 2009.

Until this occurs, if anyone wants a FASTA file generated in accordance with a correct mutation list, I will be happy to provide it. Mutation lists that were cut-and-pasted prior to the late October 2009 "nomenclature" changes that had the spurious 524.1C 524.2A insertions will be recognized and edited to conform with the correct placement as 523.1C 523.2A, of which is now (post Oct 2009) what the personal pages will indicate.

Ron

This thread: