From: "Lancaster-Boon" <>
Subject: [DNA] Variance Assessment of R:U106 DYS425Null Cluster
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:33:18 +0100

David

With all due respect any healthy field in science has lots of public debate
and cricitism - and wrong people of course. Mistakes are good to get out in
the open, whoever is making them.

One point where Anatole is quite right in my opinion is that our particular
field of interest is young and immature. There is hardly any tradition of
good hard debate, or even of review articles.

The priestly attitude you take below seems like a caricature. I can not
imagine anyone making such a pompous speech in any mature scientific field.
How dare one criticise one's established critiques in public!

You appear to be trying to create an argument which uses moral indignation
instead of reason. Science is not a religion with high priests and heresies.
Please do not divert attention away from science and try to turn this field
into some sort of medieval guild.

Best Regards
Andrew

==